Looking Back Fondly at 2007, pt.1

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Man, 2007 was a really good year.

That just about summed it up. It's actually the second day of the new year today; I'm writing this entry as I take a break from my mundane music research duties at the station.

I was probably too gung-ho with the plans I laid out for myself for 2008, or maybe I just decided to relax and take it easy instead of partying (old fart that I am). It just occurred to me that I haven't taken the time to have a look back at the year that had gone by, just to appreciate the good things we had goin'.

So here goes...

January 2007

It was honestly a rather scary, uncertain time for me in January: I was fresh off my 10-year stint at Mellow 94.7. And while I was celebrating my new-found liberation, there was a part of me that was asking, "So what next?"

Radio had been a major part of my life. In a way, it's my comfort zone. I know I could make something big for myself- I just realized that I didn't really have a solid plan just yet.

February 2007

Major spending spree: with the early retirement money I got from my old company, I earmarked some for setting up a business and some more for travel.

The rest? Aw man, I blew it all on all kinds of toys and games and gadgets- almost like I was making up for recreation time lost at work.

Among them, a new top-of-the line PC for playing all the new games like Neverwinter Nights 2, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Medieval Total War and Battlefield 2142. It had a whole lot of hard disk space for all my recreational downloading, and as long as I got broadband, everything was gonna be alright.

Also got matching 30-gig Creative Vision-M's for me and Cristina, as well as a brand new Palm, graphic novels, and a whole lot of Justice League action figures. Nice.

Had my passport renewed, and got really hooked on Battlestar Galactica- I must've finished seasons 1 & 2 just this month alone!

Family dropped by as well: Tita Ne, Tita Gilda, Uncle John with cousin Giles, and Uncle Ferdie all came in for a vacation to the Philippines for a few weeks.

March 2007

Two things: Singapore and World of Warcraft.

Spent the earlier part of the month with Cristina in Singapore. Yeah, it was our 6th anniversary as a couple, but it was cool because it was our first vaction together with no work in mind. I realized that from that point onwards, vacations have got to be like that.

Also started getting into blogging, but not seriously just yet.

I've been more of a Guild Wars guy up to this point, because I always thought I never had the time to fully appreciate World of Warcraft. But hey, since there was no job to get in the way of things, and a perfectly new gaming machine sitting majestically in the middle of my room- why the hell not, right?

World of Warcraft remains as one of the most addictive games currently installed on my PC. Plus, Cristina's hooked on it too. The couple that plays together, stays together, right?

-----------------------------

More of my reminiscing of the year gone by coming next. Still have to cover nine more months! Coming up- Looking Back Fondly at 2007, pt.2!

0 chicks and dudes said...:

Essential Cool in Digital Media, Pop Culture and the Internet, with Renzie | RenzieBaluyut.com

The Life & Times of The Renzie Man

Keyboard Monkeys! | Tips, Tricks and Advice for the Digital Entrepreneur

HarvardBusiness.org

How to Change the World, by Guy Kawasaki

Barfield Management

PinoyMoneyTalk.com - Make Money Online, Stocks, Forex, Mutual Funds Philippines

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP