Squeezing The Most Out Your Stories.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

It is the day after Yehey's much-talked about TriNoma Blogger Food Tour. It was a rather hectic, but incredibly fun affair, and I can imagine my fellow bloggers hard at work right now, labeling and sorting through pictures, putting together posts for different kinds of blogs, linking up new acquaintances, etc.

Now, an event like yesterday's Food Tour has so much potential in terms of story generation- in fact, you can blog about it in so many ways.

As a blogger, you probably have a number of blogs in your blog-stable already, and you can come up with a variety of fresh content for all your reader segments, even with just one event. There are many angles to any given subject matter, event or story, and therefore many ways to write them up.

You can even come up with a whole chain of posts on the matter, or an entire series, pics and vids if you have them, and then cap everything off with a blog entry that brings them all together nicely.

Take the TriNoma Blogger Food Tour organized by Yehey! yesterday- I can write them up as...

1. A blow-by-blow account. I could talk about going from restaurant to restaurant, and about all the food me and my new blogger buds tried doing so, rating the restos as we went to each one. I made my own blow-by-blow account of the event here:

  • Part 1 of 5: Getting to Trinoma. The Bloggers' Food Tour is on!
  • Part 2 of 5: La Maison, Cabalen
  • Part 3 of 5: Abe, Hossein's Persian Kebab, Haiku
  • Part 4 of 5: Bubba Gump, Cyma, Jack's Loft + Holy Cow!, TGIFridays, Italianni's and Fish & Co.
  • Part 5 of 5: Conti's, Mann Hann, Pho Hoa, Sizzling Pepper Steak, Marina, Mangan, Bangus, Heaven N' Eggs + Event Wrap-up
2. A technical analysis. I'm a marketing/events guy, so I would naturally tend to observe how the guys of Yehey! and TriNoma put it all together, worked out the logistics, and basically made it all work.

3. A personal experience. I could go talk about which restaurants were everyone's easy favorites, or how our arms hurt by the end of the day lugging around all those goodies and food-to-go, or how we had to beg off on food by the end of the day because we just had so much. Check out my story and photos here on my Multiply.

4. Individual restaurant reviews. This would be great, especially if you've been able to have a leisurely sit-down, and had a chance to talk with the resto managers. You could check out my reviews on:
5. A list of recommendations. It was my first time at TriNoma, and it had a lot to offer. To people visiting TriNoma, we could easily put in a good word for any of the many restos we visited. A lot of them were indeed very accommodating, taking time to talk to us about the food, about the business, etc.

6. More lists! People love lists of all kinds- come up with "The Top 10 Most Interesting Food Items", or the "TriNoma's 10 Must-Visit Restos", or "My New Blogger Buds".

So as you can see, that's a lot of stuff to blog about. And just looking at the list, I suppose I have to get to it!

Yehey for Yehey!

Much thanks to TriNoma and Yehey! for putting all this together. It was a fresh concept executed rather well. A lot of hard work, but it was pulled off rather nicely. Although the activity can benefit from a number of improvements, all the bloggers had fun, and was therefore a success for the most part.

Happy bloggers make for a good amount of buzz and word-of-mouth. I say more power to the good people of TriNoma, and everyone from Yehey!

Well done, guys. Well done.

For those of you interested in viewing the pics I took at the Bloggers' Food Tour, you can check em out on my Multiply right here. I have several more posts on the way on the Bloggers' Food Tour, and I'll have em up in a day or two.

Cheers!

0 chicks and dudes said...:

Essential Cool in Digital Media, Pop Culture and the Internet, with Renzie | RenzieBaluyut.com

The Life & Times of The Renzie Man

Keyboard Monkeys! | Tips, Tricks and Advice for the Digital Entrepreneur

HarvardBusiness.org

How to Change the World, by Guy Kawasaki

Barfield Management

PinoyMoneyTalk.com - Make Money Online, Stocks, Forex, Mutual Funds Philippines

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP