Corporate Communications 2.0 at AIM Gives To GILAS

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Gotta give props to one of our friends Regnard Raquedan of webstandards.raquedan.com for organizing an informative talk on Corporate Blogging- this happened yesterday at the Asian Institute of Management (AIM), for pretty much the better part of the day, and was attended by Regnard's classmates and a lot of people he's been able to round up using Facebook.

Featured speakers yesterday were our friends Jayvee Fernandez, Channel Editor for Technology over at b5Media, and Andrian Lee, Marketing Director of AsiaPay Philippines. Also there were Hans Koch of SyndeoMedia and John Anthony Ray, both of whom may have had a talk, but I probably missed out on them- since I had to attend to some work issues at lunchtime.

In any case, it was a very informative workshop- learned quite a bit, actually. I just read Regnard's blog and he's happy to announce that the event raised almost Php20k in funds- which goes to the GILAS Project of the Ayala Foundation, a project that aims to provide internet access to public schools all over the country, as well as providing basic training to the teachers to bring them up to speed.

For me, as in any event, I always love the networking part- where you get to meet new people and hopefully, look for opportunities to work together or be friends or both. At that event, I've met:

There were a lot of others there whom and I wish I had the time to chat with them a bit. But like I said earlier on- major props to Regnard for a worthwhile event. Hope we have more comin' up in the future.

To everyone who was at the Corporate Communications 2.0 workshop that afternoon who just happened to stumble upon this blog entry somehow- hey, I'd sure love to hear from you. I'd love to toss around an idea or two, maybe even do a collaborative effort- whatever. Always here to help out, you know?

Shout-out also to Jayvee and Andrian for the interesting talk. I mean, it's one thing to interact with these guys, and it's quite another thing to hear 'em bust out the presentations and do their thing. Now that I think about it, both of 'em had talks at that last SEMCon as well. Looking forward to your next talk, or maybe even work with you on a future endeavor.

Personally, I hope to be at more of these events, so you'll hear all about it right here when I blog about them. 'Til next time.

Cheers, everyone!

0 chicks and dudes said...:

Essential Cool in Digital Media, Pop Culture and the Internet, with Renzie | RenzieBaluyut.com

The Life & Times of The Renzie Man

Keyboard Monkeys! | Tips, Tricks and Advice for the Digital Entrepreneur

HarvardBusiness.org

How to Change the World, by Guy Kawasaki

Barfield Management

PinoyMoneyTalk.com - Make Money Online, Stocks, Forex, Mutual Funds Philippines

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP